[gst-devel] Release time!

Jan Schmidt thaytan at noraisin.net
Mon May 21 11:53:44 CEST 2007

Sebastien Moutte wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to add a DirectShow wrapping library to base then I will be
> able add new elements which depend on to bad.
> The code is stable and working fine, I will document it tonight and I will
> file a bug for that.
>
> Sebastien

I'm strongly against adding new API right before the release - it
doesn't give anyone else a chance to review, try or suggest changes, and
once it's in a release, we're committed to the API.

I would prefer that we add several copies of the library to bad as
needed, and migrate it to a common -base location after releases, so
that there's all the time until the next releases roll around to fix
things if need be.

J.