[gst-devel] re: Re: re: Re: flupsdemux: how use flupsdemux handle D1 size stream

zhangfei gao gaozhangfei at yahoo.com.cn
Wed May 23 13:16:07 CEST 2007

Jan

  thanks for your big help.

  I still have one question about fps, excuse me for bothing you so much

  In sinkpad_setcaps function it only send such information.

  name: video/mpeg
video/mpeg, mpegversion=(int)2, systemstream=(boolean)false

  Should we calculate fps from es data?

  Thanks

Jan Schmidt <thaytan at noraisin.net> 写道:
  zhangfei gao wrote:
> Jan,
>
> Thank you very much for your kind notification.
>
> Now I use repack, I could know there is a frame only if data is inside
> two sync code.
> The problem is if input buffer is really one frame, I could not get the
> correct answer immediately, except next sync code is got, so memcpy is
> unavoidable.

If the video packets have been split when they were muxed, then at least
one memcpy to reconstruct them is unavoidable.

Other than that, I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to ask here.

> what about mpegvideoparse reaction when input buffer is really one
> frame, does it need another sync code, which means memcpy.

Detecting the start of the next picture packet requires scanning for
another start code, yes. mpegvideoparse does this without performing
more memcpys that necessary, but at least one is required to reconstruct
non-contiguous packets into a single buffer for decoding.

> If so, maybe set repack function to mpeg2dec plugin will have better
> performance, since context switching time is saved.

I don't know what you are trying to say here.

Regards,
Jan.