[gst-devel] 0.10.12.2 Core & Base pre-releases available

Jeffrey C. Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Fri May 25 19:58:59 CEST 2007

On Fri, 2007-05-25 at 19:26 +0200, Jan Schmidt wrote:

> PS, Thomas & I are planning to try a sample migration of our CVS to svn
> on Sunday as a feasibility study for a real migration later. Huzzah!

Has switching to GIT instead of SVN been considered?  I won't go into a
pro/con discussion here, but merely share links to some of the GStreamer
CVS repos that I've converted to GIT for my own purposes:

http://git.ocjtech.us/gstreamer-cvs.git
http://git.ocjtech.us/gstreamer-ffmpeg-cvs.git
http://git.ocjtech.us/gstreamer-plugins-bad-cvs.git
http://git.ocjtech.us/gstreamer-plugins-base-cvs.git
http://git.ocjtech.us/gstreamer-plugins-good-cvs.git
http://git.ocjtech.us/gstreamer-plugins-ugly-cvs.git

Also, here's a video of a presentation given by Linus Torvalds about
GIT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XpnKHJAok8

He talks quite a bit why GIT is better than CVS/SVN.

Jeff