[gst-devel] Simple Overlay

René Stadler mail at renestadler.de
Wed May 30 20:48:39 CEST 2007

Am Mittwoch, den 30.05.2007, 16:45 +0100 schrieb Andrew Armstrong:
> High guys,
>
> I am fairly new to gstreamer, but have the need to do some simple text
> overlay into a video stream. I do not want to go the whole pango route
> and I already have code I have used on a simple framebuffer style
> application.
>
> I basically need to find a skeleton plugin that will allow me to add my
> contents directly to the video buffer. Is this possible?
>
> Regards,
>
> Andrew

There is the GstVideoFilter base class (trivially derived from the
generic GstBaseTransform).  There are some elements in gst-plugins-good
using it [1].  These should illustrate pretty well how to do it.  For
more information, refer to the documentation of BaseTransform [2].

PS.: Please don't post to the list by replying to random topics.  This
is highly annoying.

[1]:
http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-good/gst/videofilter/
[2]: