[gst-devel] How to compile gst-plugins-bad with FAAD

Fabrice Triboix gstdbg at yahoo.com
Thu May 31 16:59:24 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I am trying to compile gst-plugins-bad-0.10.4 with
faad support, but the configure script can't find it.

I am using debian 4.0 and have installed the following
packages:
 faad         2.5-2
 libfaad-dev  2.5-2
 libfaad0     2.5-2

I suspect there is some incompatibilities in the
public symbols... faad had all its function names etc.
apparently renamed at some point.

Could anybody tell me how to proceed?
Should I compile and install faad myself instead of
using the Debian packages?

Thank you for your help!

  Fabrice