[gst-devel] [gst-cvs] tpm gstreamer: gstreamer/ gstreamer/gst/

Tim Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Wed Nov 7 09:30:03 CET 2007

On Wed, 2007-11-07 at 07:53 +0100, Stefan Kost wrote:

> Its about when the env-var is *not* set. Then we just want to return
> quickly. Imaging having this in state_changed for each element.

Right, I missed that, because as I see it one would only ever call those
functions from places like error handlers or where performance isn't
paramount.  I still don't think it's a problem, but I don't mind
changing it back.

> what about
>    static gboolean tested_dump_dot_dir = FALSE;
>    static const gchar *dump_dot_dir = NULL;
>
>    if( !tested_dump_dot_dir) {
>      dump_dot_dir = g_getenv ("GST_DEBUG_DUMP_DOT_DIR");
>      tested_dump_dot_dir = TRUE;
>    }
>    if (!dump_dot_dir)
>      return;

That would require additional magic to make it thread-safe, not sure if
that would be an overall improvement compared to the original version.
I'll fix it up or change it back ASAP.

 Cheers
  -Tim