[gst-devel] queue with variable size, clocking

Florent Ranchin florent.ranchin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 11:08:51 CET 2007

Hello,

I would like to build a gstreamer video chain treatment such like

                ___ Process (time treatment variable) _______ Element
ACQ---Tee/
\__ VideoMixer ____Videosink
                \________________ Queue with fixed delay of X ms ___/

The Videomixer is in charge of displaying the data coming from the "Element"
(which basically is a queue but I'm not sure it would be convenient) as an
overlay of the frame coming from the queue.
The main point is we try to stop the (process+Element) chain if the time
process exceeds X ms, thus the mixer selects only the queue coming frame.
Is this reasonable? in this perspective, the "Element" (queue) size should
be adapted to the delay introduced by the parallel queue. Or should we
better focus on clocking solutions?

Thanks for any help,