[gst-devel] timestamp buffers in queues

Edward Hervey bilboed at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 20:40:22 CET 2007

Hi,

  Timestamps are a property of buffers, which are not related to the
current time.
  'queue' does not modify that property, it just provides a way to
asynchronously queue buffers from one thread to another.
  If your queue is empty, and the downstream thread is waiting for data,
the transfer will be extremely fast (just a matter of signalling a
conditional as soon as that buffer is in the queue so the other thread
can take it to process it downstream).

  Maybe if you give a higher-level explanation of your problem we might
be able to inform you better.

    Edward