[gst-devel] windows based live editing software

Juergen Thiel leipzignews at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 16 11:24:30 CET 2007

Hello from Leipzig,

I am a media science student and I'm planning an online TV station. I got my first experience with internet tv broadcasting on TVU. I started off with Windows Media Encoder and VLC but soon realized  that both have advantages.

PLUS
WME - you can switch between source files in contrast to VLC
VLC - you can edit your output stream much better

Than I discovered DVmixer PRO. It can switch between short streams and source files WITH transition and has a built-in title generator and a GREAT automation tool. A similar chinese copy-cat software (vj - something) can do the same. The software would be perfect if it would support 3 more features and if it wouldnt take up soooo much CPU-power after a minute.

MISSING FEATURES of DVmixer PRO
- source file support for mms://*- http//*-streams and playlists (asx, m3u)
- can't handle long streams
- it should have split screen features

 If I use the tinyurl-website to make the mms-urls (I  entered http to make it work of course) small... I get small urls that work. PROBLEM: it doesn't work to combine / switch between streams of a different rate - lets say, to switch from

mms://a1486.l1190850125.c11908.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/1486/11908/v0001/reflector:50125

mms://stream10.streaming.prosiebensat1.net/N24_Live

RESULT: the thing takes 100% of the CPU until it crashes - especially if I run TVU Broadcast at the same time in order to get the channel on TVU.

Another thing the programme should be able to do is to do this:

http://www.medialooks.com/products/directshow_filters/videomixer.html

like on the big news channels.

I found no video editing software that will
- let you input streams incl mms-streams and asx-files
- switch between them
- can do animated background with split-screen using live feeds (streams)

It also should
- be able to work wih Inscriber InStream plug in or should have its own title genereator.with *.tga, cg-files, *.png, plus video- and alpha-channeled animation overlay.
- be able to play Scala InfoChannel (made with software frpm scala.com) files
- have an automation segment.

RESOURCES:

http://www.vanillaon.com/index.php?goURL=/products/mp_main.php
DV Mixer Pro - if you want the un-demo-ed version in order to take it apart I can send you the files to make it a full version.

http://www.medialooks.com/products.html
On the medialooks site they have direct show filters and objects for mixing and automation.

http://www.broadcast.harris.com/inscriber/instream/
Inscriber Instream and many infos about titling-software

http://www.convid.com/la/?gclid=CPXKz57yyI8CFQI5aAodN26H-Q
another stream title generator

Best wishes,
Juergen in Leipzig