[gst-devel] windows based live editing software

Florent THIERY fthiery at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 16:53:42 CET 2007

Hello list,

>    If I understand correctly, you want to be able to do a "live video"
> software mixer, with a few extra bells and whistles.
>    I'm not sure anyone has tried this in GStreamer yet, but let's break
> up what's needed to do this:

That's exactly what we are doing in my company using gstreamer. May i
suggest you to look at using OpenGL compositing frameworks that use
Gstreamer as media engine (allowing to import video streams as video
textures) such as Pigment or clutter.

The missing part is the composed image capture, but you will have the
possibility of using these so-called 2.5 canvas (2D objects in a 3D
space) with all the OpenGL bells and whistles: (real) transparency,
hardware acceleration, image compositing, media import (png, jpg,
videos...), text labels...

Have fun !

Florent