[gst-devel] Test if sound is available

Thomas Dybdahl Ahle lobais at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 11:39:01 CET 2007

Hey,
I'm using gstreamer to do some effect sounds in my chessgame.

Thing is, that after I pulled out my sound card, gstreamer (naturally)
started to give me errors/warnings every time I tried to play a sound.
gstalsasink.c(640): gst_alsasink_open (): /audiosink-actual-sink-alsa:
Playback open error on device 'default': No such device

Now, I'd like if there was a way to know whether sound is available on a
system, and if it is not, I can simply make the "Use sound in PyChess"
button insensible.

Is there a way to test that?

--
Med venlig hilsen,