[gst-devel] MPEG-TS UDP streaming under Windows

jboileau jboileau at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 21:21:51 CET 2007

Hi All,

I am new to GStreamer. I have taken a look at all I could find about
GStreamer on the site, downloaded binaries, lib and include files. There is
quite a bit to learn. I am looking at GStreamer to do a specific job and
hopefully someone can tell me if this is the right tool for the job, or at
least if it can do the job at all using GStream.

I have an application that needs to play DivX (Mpeg4) movies with mp3
soundtracks (two languages), but the audio portion must be streamed to
another subsystem while retaining synchronisation with the video being
played back. The audio must be encapsulated in MPEG-TS and sent UDP. I also
need to be able to set stream PIDs. My application is C++ under Windows
using Visual Studio. The application already exist and I simply need a
library to implement playback of to a window and streaming to an IP address
and port using UDP and MPEG-TS. I know VLC and its libvlc library can do
this, but the documentation is so scarce that I am looking for other
options.

Hopefully someone can steer me in the right direction and help me get
started with GStreamer.

Thanks in advance!

--
Jacques Boileau