[gst-devel] windows based live editing software

Simon Holm Thøgersen odie at cs.aau.dk
Thu Nov 22 17:32:18 CET 2007

Hi Juergen

lør, 17 11 2007 kl. 17:14 +0100, skrev Juergen Thiel:
> Hello List,
>
> thanks for including me. In case you didn't receive my answer to
> Edward's mail that I just sent - here it is:
>
> Hi Edward,
>
> thanks for your quick answer. Sorry for not putting direct questions
> in my
> e-mail. What I wanted to know was if GStreaner can do all that - and
> you
> addressed all the points. I had the idea that you could help me
> because I
> found a GStreamer-link and realized, that you and your team has the
> knowledge of all that technical details for my TV station project.
>
>  According to your mail GStreamer can do most of the things I would
> like to
> do. It can handle even these long stream addresses and all thinkable
> formats. But you only see things without audio, so I can't control
> audio
> levels.

[snip]

> Is GStreamer a stand alone application in windows or does that still
> have to
> be written?

GStreamer is a powerful framework that make it possible to build an
application that does what you envision (or the same as DVMixer or
VJdirector I guess). See, this page from the FAQ[1] for GStreamer[2].

That said, this is a kind of application that I've wanted to do for some
time, but like at least ten other equally interesting ideas I have, I
never get around to it.

[1] http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/
[2]
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/faq/html/chapter-general.html