[gst-devel] av sync in live pipeline

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Sun Nov 25 13:13:44 CET 2007

Hi,

pritesh schrieb:
> hi,
> acually in baseaudiosrc , there is implementation for latency.
> in cvs of v4l2src there is a crude implementation of latency query
> based on fps.
>
> the thing is i have to use http streaming , thats why i cant consider rtsp
> but avimux supports streaming mode right?

I am not sure how it can. Formats like avi or also atom based containers
structure the file with <id><size> headers. demuxers can skip unknown blocks. Ff
one muxes a live stream to disk, the muxer has write the length when recording
stopped. Only the the file is valid. So you cannot immediately pipe that over
the net and demux on the fly. I can imagine there are some workarounds for it,
but I don't know them.

Stefan