[gst-devel] Live streaming of H264 video over avi using fdsink

Wim Taymans wim.taymans at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 16:53:50 CEST 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-02 at 20:06 +0530, kirrthana M wrote:
> Hi all,
>    I have created a pipeline to stream a avi file using fdsink and
> playback simultaneosly on the client side.
>
> My pipeline on the server side is like this
>
> Server pipeline
>
>  Live video--->h264enc--->avimux---->fdsink
>
> Client pipeline
>
> fdsrc--->avidemux--->h264dec---->xvimagesink
>
> In this case im sending the captured live data and on the client side
> it only displays the first frame ,

fdsrc becomes a (semi) live source because it is fed from a live source.
It's not a real live source because pausing the client will not drop
data. This means you need some sort of buffering on the client side
(like queue2 before avidemux, or so). You can also disable sync on the
xvimagesink if you don't intend to synchronize it against other media.

Wim