[gst-devel] status of HD-DVD and Bluray support in GStreamer

Kirill Belokurov kirill.belokurov at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 23:05:02 CEST 2007

Hi!

Sorry if this maillist is not an appropriate one for asking this question, but
are there any plans to add support of HD-DVD and Bluray playback to GStreamer
(and -based applications)? As far as I can tell, there are two major tasks:

1) support of demuxing/decoding = playback itself (which I believe is easy to
add - the recent ffmpeg already contains the VC-1 decoder and demuxing seem
to be almost done too)

2) support of HD-DVD and Bluray menu systems (which probably can be done in
the manner similar to dvdnav (although the dvdnav seem to be not usable at
the moment, if I am not wrong) - this looks like much larger task and
probably will require more efforts..

So, is anybody planning or already developing support for these features?

Best regards, Kirill