[gst-devel] Issue in playing media files in Debug mode

Kasturi Hazra kasturihazra at tataelxsi.co.in
Thu Oct 4 06:08:06 CEST 2007

Hi All,
	I am facing a problem in calling gst_element_factory_make method defined
in file gstelementfactory.c inside folder gstreamer-0.10.13/gst.
After calling gst_init(), we are setting a pipeline and then calling this
method as: GstElement
*playbin=gst_element_factory_make("playbin","the_playbin").
In debug mode, it is returning null whereas it should have returned correct
GSTElement*. This problem is not there in Release mode however. On using gdb
from console, I found that member variable of structure GstPlugin "playbin"
returns NULL in method "gst_plugin_load_by_name" in file gstplugin.c.
Actually it should have returned the location of gstplaybin.so.
	Is there any setting which is required before calling this method from any
"C source"  file inside an XCode project. Because of this we are not able to
play media files in our client application.
Let me know if anyone gets some useful information on this issue.

Thank you.

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments contained in it.

Contact your Administrator for further information.