[gst-devel] Another weird difference [Re: v4l2src not working when pipeline is placed in a bin, but it works for videotestsrc]

Jaap Haitsma jaap at haitsma.org
Tue Oct 9 23:54:02 CEST 2007

Hi,

I just found another weird difference (happening in CVS and latest stable

If I run the following pipeline:

gst-launch v4l2src ! ffmpegcolorspace ! queue  ! ximagesink

and try to change the window size gstreamer crashes:

ERROR: from element /pipeline0/v4l2src0: Internal data flow error.
Additional debug info:
gstbasesrc.c(1816): gst_base_src_loop (): /pipeline0/v4l2src0:
streaming task paused, reason not-negotiated (-4)

If I replace v4l2src with videotestsrc it works fine. Also if I change
the pipeline to

gst-launch v4l2src ! ffmpegcolorspace ! queue  ! identity ! ximagesink

it works fine.

Is this a bug or something that can be explained with how gstreamer works

Jaap

PS I need the queue because I'm writing an application where I need to
tee the video stream. The above pipelines