[gst-devel] altrenate command for gst_event_new_discontinous (varsion 0.8 -> 0.10)

Tim Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Wed Oct 10 12:02:52 CEST 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-10 at 11:04 +0530, karmendra jain wrote:

Hi,

> there is a instruction in gstEvent
> gst_event_new_discontinuous (FALSE,
> 				       GST_FORMAT_BYTES, 0,
> 				       GST_FORMAT_TIME,  0,
> 				       0);
> in version 0.8
>
> but it seems that this is removed in version 0.10
> so wats the similar instruction or  way to achive the desired result
> of the instruction ??

You probably can't just replace it 1:1, it's likely that you'll have to
rethink the way the plugin works a bit.  Best to find a similar plugin
in one of our modules and see how that works and then adapt yours.

Here is a list of some of the changes between 0.8 and 0.10:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/pwg/html/chapter-porting.html

 Cheers
  -Tim