[gst-devel] AVCHD playback

sangita pithadia sangitapithadia at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 07:18:23 CEST 2007

Hi All,
        I m trying to play AVCHD files using gstreamer.
AVCHD files  basically contains ts packets, each packet is having 4 bytes of
extra header,which is nothing but timestamp information, that means each
packet is of 192 bytes.
video format is h.264  and audio format is AC3.
when i tried with playbin
gst-launch -v playbin uri=file://pathtofile/file.mts

it didnt play.

But when i tried after removing 4 bytes of header from each packet(to make
it ts file) and tried with
gst-launch filesrc location=/pathtofile/file_converted.ts ! flutsdemux !
h264parse ! ffdec_h264 ! queue ! videoscale ! ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink
It displays only one frame.

Can anyone tel me what can be the cause of this?
How do i play AVCHD files?