[gst-devel] How to seamlessly switch between two sinks / output pipelines?

Jaap Haitsma jaap at haitsma.org
Tue Oct 23 19:02:23 CEST 2007

Hi,

What I like to do is the following

I'm recording audio and video from a src and displaying it in a
window. I'd like to route that stream seamlessly to one pipeline that
can make a photo or to a pipeline that can make a video recording, by
controlling some kind of switch.

What I currently do is if I'm in photo mode and want to switch is stop
the pipeline, change the pipeline to video mode by removing and adding
the appropriate GstElements and restart the pipeline. Stopping,
changing the pipeline and starting however interrupts the video
display.

So the question is can I change from photo mode to video mode, without
stopping the complete pipeline?

Thanks

Jaap