[gst-devel] Init problem with v4l2src?

Fredrik Persson fredrik.p.persson at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 11:40:13 CET 2007

I may have found a problem with v4l2src. When my PC is just booted, if I
try to use v4l2src in any way, I don't get anything. Meaning, If I try
to create a pipeline with it as source, I get no video.

Then, if I start some non-gstreamer app that uses the v4l2 driver, such
as for example tvtime, I get picture. I then shut down tvtime and again
try to use v4l2src. At this point, v4l2src works fine.

Therefore, I'm leaning towards some kind of init that v4l2src doesn't
do, that tvtime does.

I'd like to know if anyone else has seen this?

My USB grabber device is a PCTV USB2 PAL (Pinnacle).

Regards,

Fredrik Persson