[gst-devel] Amr Encoding

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Mon Oct 29 20:20:43 CET 2007

Hi,

Benoit Fouet schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Rahul Mittal wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I am trying out this pipeline to decode audio from a 3gp file and Amr
>> encode it..
>> but the output file that i am getting is not a valid amr file
>>
>> gst-launch -v filesrc location=footsie.3gp ! decodebin ! audioconvert
>> ! audioresample ! amrnbenc name=amrenc ! queue ! filesink location=
>> exam.amr
>>
>> Does anybody has any idea what is wrong with this pipeline ???
>>

> i'd say it lacks an element to write the amr header... (and possibly,
> you don't need the queue element)
> have you tried adding "#!AMR\n" at the beginning of your file, to see if
> it becomes playable (with an hex editor) ?

yes, that should help. We do infact miss simple armnbformat and amrwbformat
elements that should be parts of amrnb amrwb plugins and do the opposite of the
parse elements. I would say they are an excellect oppurtunity for someone who
would like to start contributing to gstreamer as they should not be very hard to
write. A starting point could a simple muxer like xingmux, id3mux, id3v2mux or
apemux.

Stefan