[gst-devel] Shutting down a substream

Steve Fink sphink at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 01:50:55 CEST 2007

I have an element with multiple src pads, all of which go into an
adder. What is the proper way to shut down the individual streams
going through those pads without dropping out of PLAYING?

Each pad has its own task, and each has some amount of data to send
out. Then each posts an EOS. But the task is evidently not halted by
the processing of that EOS, because the task's function is called
repeatedly after the EOS has been sent. I can't call
activate_push(FALSE) from within the task function, because that
results in the thread trying to join with itself. I'm assuming
gst_pad_set_active(FALSE) would be the same.

I suppose I should go back and read through all the design docs again,
but I'm hoping somebody here can help. Am I not passing through some
event or something?