[gst-devel] Event not reaching pad

Steve Fink sphink at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 01:33:50 CEST 2007

Ok, it seems like it's getting eaten by the first element in my
pipeline, a filesrc. It derives from GstBaseSrc, which as far as I can
tell eats any event that it doesn't handle or doesn't recognize.
Though I'm still not entirely clear on how events are managed; they
seem to get eaten all over the place as far as I can tell (unless
explicitly propagated.) But I'm not sure I'm reading it correctly.

So... how am I supposed to send signals to my element? I want
something out of band and guaranteed to get there.