[gst-devel] Event not reaching pad

Steve Fink sphink at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 22:20:47 CEST 2007

On 9/13/07, Steve Fink <sphink at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/13/07, Wim Taymans <wim.taymans at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I would say basesrc (filesrc) should push it downstream in the case of a
> > downstream OOB event. I just fixed this in CVS.
>
> Thanks! I'm still not seeing it get further, but I'm probably running
> the wrong version now or something. I'll try it again tomorrow.

Yep, it was me. I was using the versions of those elements from the
registry instead of my build.

However, I think your change has a ref counting bug in gstbasesrc.c
gst_base_src_send_event() calls gst_pad_push_event() with the event,
but then additionally falls through to the gst_event_unref() at the
end of the function, resulting in a ref count one too low. I'm new to
gstreamer, but it looks to me like you need to either call
gst_event_ref() before gst_pad_push_event(), or avoid the unref call.

This is only for GST_EVENT_CUSTOM_DOWNSTREAM_OOB and GST_EVENT_CUSTOM_BOTH_OOB.