[gst-devel] [gst-cvs] wtay gst-plugins-base: gst-plugins-base/ gst-plugins-base/gst-libs/gst/audio/

Wim Taymans wim.taymans at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 23:39:49 CEST 2007

On Fri, 2007-09-14 at 23:08 +0200, Andy Wingo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri 14 Sep 2007 00:52, wtay at kemper.freedesktop.org writes:
>
> > * gst-libs/gst/audio/gstbaseaudiosink.c:
> > (gst_base_audio_sink_init):
> > Disable pull mode scheduling, we're not ready for it yet and it subtly
> > breaks a lot of things.
>
> It would be helpful if you put details in a bug report.

I will try to do that once I figure out exactly what it is I'm thinking
of. The reason I disabled it was because the gnome properties dialog
broke in some subtle way (Tim knows more). I'm also wondering if it
should return ASYNC or SUCCESS from the state change function. When the
sink is in pull mode, you most likely want to use the clock of the sink
for the pipeline; how does it work with a live source in this case?
Maybe the live source should not provide a clock when activated in pull
mode? I'm, for example, also thinking about latency, which it does not
seem to handle very well. I've also had  problems with clock slaving, it
seems pull mode totally ignores the pipeline clock. I ended up adding
queues between alsasrc and alsasink in my tests just to work around the
incompleteness, it simply needs some more thinking.

Wim