[gst-devel] assertion fail running on win32

Tim Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Wed Sep 19 16:43:35 CEST 2007

On Wed, 2007-09-19 at 07:14 -0700, selen yan wrote:

> I got an error on running an gstreamer app on win32
> ** (vsgstreamer.exe:852): CRITICAL **: file
> E:\devel-cvs\src\gstreamer\gst\gstin
> fo.c: line 413: assertion `category != NULL' failed
> Press any key to continue . . .
>
> Any idea what' going on?

This has probably been fixed in core CVS by this commit:

2007-08-23  Tim-Philipp Müller  <tim at centricular dot net>

 * gst/gst.c:
  Don't use GST_INFO before the debug system is actually initialised
  (shouldn't do any harm, but won't print anything either, so we can
  just as well remove it).

 * gst/gstinfo.h:
  GST_CAT_LEVEL_LOG_valist(), which is our inline helper function for
  compilers that don't support variadic macros (such as MSVC), should
  check for debug_level <= __gst_debug_min as well, since that's the
  function called from all the level-specific GST_CAT_*_LOG_OBJECT()
  inline helper functions. Should improve performance a bit, but also
  makes sure uses of GST_INFO et.al are ignored if the debugging
  system isn't initialised yet (instead of printing an assertion
  failure).

Cheers
 -Tim