[gst-devel] .AAC ADTS demuxer?

Daniel Lenski dlenski at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 18:17:50 CEST 2007

On 9/27/07, Edward Averill <edaverill at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  Thanks for the info, that's a great help! I'm off to install it right now,
> I'm on Ubuntu Fiesty so it should be easy (famous last words)...
>
> Have a great day!

Glad to hear it.  I did try it out myself and it actually works just
fine, both encoding and decoding.  I realized I could make a test file
by using the AAC/ADTS encoder:

# outputformat=1 means make an ADTS file, outputformat=0 means raw AAC
gst-launch audiotestsrc ! audioconvert ! faac outputformat=1 !
filesink location=foo.aac

To play it back:

gst-launch filesrc location=foo.aac ! faad ! audioconvert ! autoaudiosink

Sounds horrible, but that's because it's the test source ;-)

Dan