[gst-devel] jack client name

patrick puredata at 11h11.com
Thu Sep 27 19:53:01 CEST 2007

hi everyone,

i have a question, maybe a request :) i was on #gstreamer and asked
about a way to specify the jack client name of my application, cause by
default it's GStreamer. wtay answered this:

(12:47:26 PM) *wtay:* wip, it uses g_get_application_name(), if that
returns NULL, it uses the constant string "GStreamer)
(12:48:21 PM) *wtay:* wip, which means you can configure it with
g_set_application_name()

then i was looking how to add this to my python application, but didn't
find the solution. here's the code.

import pygst
pygst.require("0.10")
import gst
import time

pipeline = gst.Pipeline("mypipeline")
audiotestsrc = gst.element_factory_make("audiotestsrc", "audio")
pipeline.add(audiotestsrc)
conv = gst.element_factory_make("audioconvert", "converter")
pipeline.add(conv)
sink = gst.element_factory_make("jackaudiosink", "sink")
pipeline.add(sink)
audiotestsrc.link(conv)
conv.link(sink)
pipeline.set_state(gst.STATE_PLAYING)

while True:
    time.sleep(1) #to avoid using all cpu for nothing

pretty simple. no gtk, only a comand line application for testing audio.
so my request is, would it be possible to add something like
set_property("clientname", "audiotester") to jackaudiosink so i will not
need glib g_set_application_name()?

if not, how can i use g_set_application_name() in python?
pat