[gst-devel] query from Maintainers, developers, anyone .. regarding eos signal in gst elements

Sebastian Dröge slomo at uni-paderborn.de
Thu Sep 27 16:47:14 CEST 2007

Am Donnerstag, den 27.09.2007, 20:03 +0530 schrieb karmendra jain:
> Hi All
> I have encountered a strange problem
> in Gstreamer0.8 the elements emitted a signal "eos" (like the elements
> emit "pad-added" etc )
> but now in Gstreamer0.10 this seems to have been removed
>
> So can anyone plzzzzzzzz  tell me how to get a "eos" signal ??
>
> 'cas basically i wanna connect that signal to another object (g object
> ;. using g_signal_connect)
>
> plz pplz neonw tell me :(

Take a look at the example from the docs:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/manual/html/chapter-helloworld.html#section-helloworld

For EOS you want to set a callback to the bus of your pipeline, check in
the callback if the message is EOS and then do whatever you want.

For pad-added just add a callback to the element's "pad-added" signal.
If your element doesn't emit this event it probably always has it's pads
and they're not added while running the pipeline.