[gst-devel] can't record audio fast enough...

Phil Pellouchoud Phil at slacker.com
Fri Apr 4 10:26:34 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am trying to write a source plugin on windows and I've gotten to the
point where I can "inspect" the plugin and
Add it to a pipe using:
    gst-launch-0.10.exe hdr location=test.hdr ! autoaudiosink

Initially, it just sits there and spews out random data; which sounds
like white noise.  After a short burst of noise later, it comes up with
this message.

WARNING: from element /pipeline0/hdrsrc0: Can't record audio fast enough
gst_hdr_read() - length 1764
Additional debug info:
E:\devel-release\src_releases\gst-plugins-base\gst-libs\gst\audio\gstbas
eaudiosrc.c(668): (function) (): /pipeline0/hdrs
rc0:
dropped 7497 samples

I'm trying to figure out what that means in the context of what I'm
trying to do.

I am not quite sure what the gstaudiosrc_class->delay is for -- I am the
"source" of the data (from a file), so I can go pretty fast.  I always
return zero for that.

Anyway, any ideas on why I'm getting this?  I'm afraid I'm missing some
fundamental concept

-phil