[gst-devel] Video segment to file

Peter Schwenke peters at codian.com
Tue Apr 8 10:52:58 CEST 2008

I've managed to put together the following pipeline

gst-launch-0.10 ffmux_flv name=muxer ! filesink location=/tmp/z.flv
filesrc location=../../testMovies/gb_3XUtwjvk.ogg ! oggdemux
name=demuxer demuxer. ! queue ! vorbisdec ! audioconvert ! lame ! muxer.
 demuxer. ! queue ! theoradec ! ffmpegcolorspace ! ffenc_flv ! muxer.

in a python program but haven't got the seeking correct.
I have the above implemented with a bin for each of

ffmux_flv name=muxer ! filesink location=/tmp/z.flv
queue ! vorbisdec ! audioconvert ! lame
queue ! theoradec ! ffmpegcolorspace ! ffenc_flv

and
filesrc location=../../testMovies/gb_3XUtwjvk.ogg ! oggdemux

in the main pipeline.  All the links are correct.  If I run the program
without any seeks it works,

I am using

pipeline.seek(1.0, gst.Format(gst.FORMAT_TIME), gst.SEEK_FLAG_FLUSH,
gst.SEEK_TYPE_SET, start_time_nanoseconds, stop_seek_type,
stop_time_nanoseconds)

The parameters I am setting there are correct because I use the same
thing in other programs.

It seems like a timing problem - like I'm not in the correct state.

I've tried doing the seek when I receive the first async-done message on
the bus.

The only way I get something is if I set the state to STATE_PLAYING and do

gobject.timeout_add(200, self.cb_set_position, self.seek)

Then I get the first couple of seconds from the file, the part of the
result of the seek and then blank.

Of course, I would like to have the state set to STATE_PAUSED and then
do the seek.  Then after the seek set the state to STATE_PLAYING.  But
then I just get rubbish in the output file.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I should approach this.

                                                               Thanks
                                                               ...Peter