[gst-devel] RFC: multi channel frame grabber card support

Andres Colubri andres.colubri at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 00:27:07 CEST 2008

Hi Farkas,

I'm very interested in this topic, since I'm currently writing a source
element for the matrox morphis capture card:

http://www.matrox.com/imaging/products/morphis/

This card supports up to 4 simultaneous cameras, but as you mentioned
for the ICV-100 card, it has only one physical device.

So right now i did a very quick and dirty hack where I send the frames
from each camera one after the other (i.e.: frame i is from camera 1,
frame i+1 from camera 2, frame i+2 from camera 3, frame i+3 from camera
4, frame i+4 is again from camera 1, and so on)... this was just for
testing. I'm very interested to see what would be the answers for the
questions in your email.

Best,
Andres