[gst-devel] how to get avidemux push-mode work

Volter Yen volter619 at 163.com
Fri Apr 18 08:41:08 CEST 2008

Hi tim,

   Thank you for your response,the reason why I want to force the plugin to
work in the push mode is that I want all my plugins to work in this mode,maybe this is not necessary, but it is helpful for me to test some functions in my application, and I had tried use the identity element to try to make it with failure. so I will try your suggestion then.
   Best regards!
Volter

在2008-04-17,"Tim Müller" <t.i.m at zen.co.uk> 写道:

On Thu, 2008-04-17 at 09:37 +0800, Volter Yen wrote:

> According to the comment in the gstavidemux.c ,the latest avidemux
> could work both on push and pull mode depending on the upstream
> element's caps, and my upstream element is filesrc, it work in pull
> mode from the log, I want it to work in the push mode, and how to get
> it?

  filesrc ! queue ! avidemux

should force it into push mode. It will chose the best/right mode
automatically though and it rarely makes sense to override that.

Cheers
 -Tim