[gst-devel] decodebin caps troubles with rtspsrc source

Nick Haddad nhaddad at mathworks.com
Fri Apr 18 16:43:21 CEST 2008

Nicolas,

Getting the capabilities of an incoming pad will give you a set of
possible pad templates that you can use when making decisions about
how to do connect the decode bin output pads to other elements.

Instead, I think you want to use the gst_pad_get_negotiated_caps on
the "sink" pad of your fakesink.  Do this after you've already linked
the decodebin's pad to your fakesink so that the sink pads caps are
negotiated properly.  You should get fixed caps at this point, with
width, height values that don't contain ranges.

-Nick