[gst-devel] Problem Installing GStreamer Plugins

Marc Ferguson marc at fergytech.net
Wed Apr 30 17:10:25 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm running Fedora 8 and it came with gstreamer-0.10.15-3.  I wanted the
latest version because my DVD codex wasn't working using Totem.  So; I
uninstalled anything that had gstreamer in it and I downloaded
gstreamer-0.10.19, gst-plugins-base.0.10.19, and gst-python-0.10.11.

I didn't have a problem installing gstreamer, I extracted the source
to /usr/local/src and did ./configure, make, make install.  I extracted
the other two files there to, but when I do configure they're giving me
errors, thus not having a make file ready.

=====
gst-plugins-base.0.10.19 = checking for LIBOIL... configure: error:
liboil-0.3.8 or later is required
=====
I checked Fedora's package manager and it has a later version of liboil
installed.

====
checking for GST... configure: error: Package requirements
(gstreamer-0.10 >= 0.10.12) were not met.
====
I just installed a latest version of gstreamer!?

Marc F.