[gst-devel] URL source seeking

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Mon Aug 4 23:37:37 CEST 2008

Crashes are bugs: please report them. We don't want gstreamer plugins
to ever crash!

As for why this doesn't work:
 - if it's an actual live stream, it can't work
 - if it's just a remote file being delivered over a network protocol,
it usually can work (e.g. files being served over http)
 - Some plugins support this, some don't. mp3 seeking over http works
fine, for example.

Patches to add support for more containers and/or more streaming
protocols would be very welcome.

Mike