[gst-devel] streaming video handoff (exact problem)

Majdi Rawashdeh mrawashd at site.uottawa.ca
Wed Aug 6 16:18:52 CEST 2008

Stefan Kost wrote:
> hi,
>
> Majdi Rawashdeh schrieb:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am new to gstreamer framework, I just finished reading the
>> /Gstreamer Application Development manual (0.10.20.//1)/ I want to
>> know if it is possible to do the following and any suggestions on how
>> to start:
>>
>> I want to transfer the ongoing streaming media from a computer to
>> another computer. the media should continue playing on the new
>> computer and stop playing on the old one without loosing any frames. I
>> also need to be able to control the frames on the streaming server.
>>

> if you also do the client, the client could connect to the new server
> and drop the connection to the old as soon as it has received data from
> the new. This all requires some effort on your side, so this won't be
> out of the box.
>
> Stefan
>

>> please send my any suggestion...!
>>
>> Regards
>> Majdi
>>
> Hi stefan,

 Just to explain exactly what I am trying to do I have a mobile user
watching video on computer A after a certain time the user wants to
continue watching the same video on computer B - the video should  start
at computer B  from the current video position  not from the beginning
of the video- keep in my mind i do not want to loose any frames when I
transfer the video session.

Hopefully this gives you an idea what I am trying to develop using
gstreamer .

Thanks
Majdi