[gst-devel] Is there any guide line for how to enable hw codec in gstreamer media framework?

Zhao, Halley halley.zhao at intel.com
Thu Aug 7 03:45:29 CEST 2008

Hi all:

I don't know how the difference is for gst element between pure software
codecs and hardware accelerated codecs,

For example:

The destination of sw codec always come to an audio sink or video sink,
but hw accelerated codec may directly rendering to audio device or
screen.

Do we need something special for hw codecs? How should we do for the
source pad of hw codec?

(should we development the hw accelerated element like a sink plugin
without a source pad?)

Is there any guide line for how to enable hw codec in gstreamer media
framework?

Great thanks.

BR