[gst-devel] gstoggmux EOS handling issue

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Fri Aug 8 15:11:35 CEST 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-06 at 14:07 -0400, Daniel Drake wrote:

Hi Daniel,

> I have investigated further and I believe it is a bug in the gstoggmux
> I'm attaching a patch which fixes the problem - my recordtwice program
> now records two vidoes of videotestsrc. Unfortunately it doesn't
> actually fix the real application which I was trying to fix, but I
> believe that I've found a real bug and fixing this is a necessary step
> in the process...

I think you're right, but could you put this in bugzilla please?

http://bugzilla.gnome.org (component: gst-plugins-base)

Thanks!

(Btw, not sure what exactly you were trying to fix, and I only had a
very quick look at your code, but at first glance the shutdown sequence
doesn't seem ideal: as far as I can see it won't shut down cleanly with
an EOS making it through the recording bin; for ogg this just means that
in the worst case you're losing a few frames at the end; with other
muxers you might get slightly broken and/or indexless files).

Cheers
 -Tim