[gst-devel] streaming video handoff (exact problem)

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Mon Aug 11 20:44:15 CEST 2008

Majdi Rawashdeh schrieb:
> Majdi Rawashdeh wrote:
>> Stefan Kost wrote:

>>> Ah, I misread this a bit. That should be possible too, but you would
>>> need a session. When you continue on the 2nd computer, you would need to
>>> tell the sever what session to continue. I have no idea if a feature
>>> like this existing already in session protocols (rtsp).
>>> if so, you still have the issue how to transfer that
>>> session-identification from computer 1 to 2.
>>>
>>> Stefan

>> hi,
>>
>> thanks for your help, I will read more and see what can be done
>>
>> Majdi
> Hi  Stefan,
>
> I would like to start my work like this to stream video from computer*
> A* to computer *B *first, then I want to extend the application to
> stream video from computer *A* to both computer *B *& *C* at the same
> time , could you please give me a hint where to start from or what
> documentation  is helpful to achieve this  I am so how lost ....

I can't really provide you with a receipe for that. Study streaming protocols
like RTSP. Setup a pipeline that plays from a rtsp source. You could e.g. then
add some avaihi (bonjour/zeroconf) service that announces on the local net which
cleint plays what video and then provide the means to take over the session from
a different client.

Stefan