[gst-devel] Buffering with playbin

Ash hashbrown100 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 13 11:01:19 CEST 2008

I've set queue-threshold and queue-size properties of playbin to around 9 seconds, and I noticed during buffering streaming content, it hangs at a certain percentage. This happens on totem and gst-launch for an apple quicktime movie trailer. I've tried changing this number several times (even the default), but the hang still happens. Is there a reason this is happening or something I am missing?

For example,
gst-launch -m playbin uri="http://movies.apple.com/movies/wb/the_dark_knight/the_dark_knight-tlr2_h1080p.mov"  queue-size=50000000000 queue-threshold=9000000000

Is there any other way to increase buffer size of streaming movies via playbin?