[gst-devel] Playing large files on Windows XP

Andoni Morales Alastruey ylatuya at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 18:23:47 CEST 2008

Hi!

For my  project I've being developing a  C# multimedia player based on
GStreamer. As mono runs both on Unix and Windows and also does GTK and
Gstreamer I easily ported it to windows, getting a C# multiplatfrom
multimedia player based on Gstreamer.testing

I've being testing GStreamer on Windows for 2 weeks and it seems to play
almost everything (including mov and wmv files...) The problem is when I
try to play large files,more than 2GB. It just hangs-up. It's very
strange because the files are encoded with the same codec and using the
same bitrate, the unique difference it's that they are different size.

Does any one know about this issue?
Is somebody working on updating the windows binaries? (probably it
solves the problem)