[gst-devel] Streaming video

samir juno samirjuno at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 17:53:01 CEST 2008

Hi Frans,

Briefly what I am trying to achieve  is, I have a mobile user streaming
video to his laptop  the user is moving and watching the video on his laptop
as soon the user reaches closer to his desktop he wants the video stream to
be transfered  from the laptop to the Desktop, the user wants continue
watching the video on the Desktop from the current position, my  goal is to
transfer the video with minimum loss of frames or delay, establishing and
managing the session between laptop, desktop and video server is done using
* SIP*  , I already managed to create SIP session and transfered the SIP
session from the laptop to Desktop successfully using  PJSIP framework ,
currently I am using VLC to stream video the problem I am facing right now
when I transfer the video from the laptop to the desktop, the video on the
Desktop starts from the beginning instead of the current position,  so I was
advised to use  gstreamer  to be able to control  the video , I already
started to learn gstreamer and I managed to stream video using the command
*gst-launch-0.10 playbin*  but it seems I am lost right now I do not know
how to control the video.

Do you think flumotion can achieve the video transfer  from the current
position? if it does any hint where to start from?

Thank you for your help
Samir