[gst-devel] Dropped frames while playing from a network source

Ramakrishnan Muthukrishnan vu3rdd at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 10:37:22 CEST 2008

Yes, having tried it before, it seems to me as a workaround than a solution.

It seems like, latency compensation is not taken care of in one of the
modules. Ideally, the sink timing requirementsshoukd propagate up thru
the pipeline to all the other elements in the pipeline, but seems like
it is not happening.

Any help in debugging this issue will be greatly appreciated.

regards
ramakrishnan

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 12:45 PM, ved kpl <ved.kpl at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Try  setting sync=FALSE for xvimagesink
>
> Cheers
> Vikram
>
> On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 6:15 PM, Ramakrishnan Muthukrishnan
> <vu3rdd at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to stream an H.264 stream encapsulated by MPEG2-TS and RTP
>> (RFC 2250) over UDP. The recieve pipeline looks like this:
>>
>>  udpsrc port=xxxx ! rtpmp2tdepay ! flutsdemux ! ffdec_h264 ! xvimagesink
>>
>> Now, even if every frame is an I-frame in the stream, some element in
>> the pipeline drops the frame and I get decoded frames displayed only
>> once in afew frames, with no indication on what is happening even with
>> GST_DEBUG=3.
>>
>> While querying the latency, I see that one or more of the elements in
>> the pipeline (I am yet to find out who) does not have the latency
>> query implemented, which would mean (I assume) the latency
>> calculations won't be done for the entire pipeline. Is this
>> understanding correct? Instead of xvimagesink, if I use a filesink, I
>> get all the decoded frames.
>>
>> It will be great if someone can help understand what is happening.
>>
>> best regards
>> --
>>  Ramakrishnan

 Ramakrishnan