[gst-devel] streaming a wav file into g711 alaw rtp stream

Terry Leung terry83 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 10:08:50 CEST 2008

Hi ,

sorry, forgot to include the error message

-bash-3.00$ gst-launch -m filesrc location=test3.wav ! wavparse !
audioconvert ! alawenc !  rtppcmapay ! udpsink  host=172.20.122.23
port=19790
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
Got Message from element "udpsink0" (state-changed): GstMessageState,
old-state=(GstState)GST_STATE_NULL,
new-state=(GstState)GST_STATE_READY,
pending-state=(GstState)GST_STATE_VOID_PENDING;
Got Message from element "rtppmcapay0" (state-changed):
GstMessageState, old-state=(GstState)GST_STATE_NULL,
new-state=(GstState)GST_STATE_READY,
pending-state=(GstState)GST_STATE_VOID_PENDING;
Got Message from element "alawenc0" (state-changed): GstMessageState,
old-state=(GstState)GST_STATE_NULL,
new-state=(GstState)GST_STATE_READY,
pending-state=(GstState)GST_STATE_VOID_PENDING;
Got Message from element "audioconvert0" (state-changed):
GstMessageState, old-state=(GstState)GST_STATE_NULL,
new-state=(GstState)GST_STATE_READY,
pending-state=(GstState)GST_STATE_VOID_PENDING;
Got Message from element "wavparse0" (state-changed): GstMessageState,
old-state=(GstState)GST_STATE_NULL,
new-state=(GstState)GST_STATE_READY,
pending-state=(GstState)GST_STATE_VOID_PENDING;
Got Message from element "filesrc0" (state-changed): GstMessageState,
old-state=(GstState)GST_STATE_NULL,
new-state=(GstState)GST_STATE_READY,
pending-state=(GstState)GST_STATE_VOID_PENDING;
Got Message from element "pipeline0" (state-changed): GstMessageState,
old-state=(GstState)GST_STATE_NULL,
new-state=(GstState)GST_STATE_READY,
pending-state=(GstState)GST_STATE_PAUSED;
Got Message from element "rtppmcapay0" (state-changed):
GstMessageState, old-state=(GstState)GST_STATE_READY,
new-state=(GstState)GST_STATE_PAUSED,
pending-state=(GstState)GST_STATE_VOID_PENDING;
Got Message from element "alawenc0" (state-changed): GstMessageState,
old-state=(GstState)GST_STATE_READY,
new-state=(GstState)GST_STATE_PAUSED,
pending-state=(GstState)GST_STATE_VOID_PENDING;
Got Message from element "audioconvert0" (state-changed):
GstMessageState, old-state=(GstState)GST_STATE_READY,
new-state=(GstState)GST_STATE_PAUSED,
pending-state=(GstState)GST_STATE_VOID_PENDING;
Got Message from element "wavparse0" (state-changed): GstMessageState,
old-state=(GstState)GST_STATE_READY,
new-state=(GstState)GST_STATE_PAUSED,
pending-state=(GstState)GST_STATE_VOID_PENDING;
Got Message from element "filesrc0" (state-changed): GstMessageState,
old-state=(GstState)GST_STATE_READY,
new-state=(GstState)GST_STATE_PAUSED,
pending-state=(GstState)GST_STATE_VOID_PENDING;
Got Message from element "wavparse0" (tag): taglist,
audio-codec=(string)"Uncompressed\ 8-bit\ PCM\ audio";
Got Message from element "wavparse0" (error): GstMessageError,
gerror=(GstGError)(NULL), debug=(string)"gstwavparse.c\(1778\):\
gst_wavparse_loop\ \(\):\ /pipeline0/wavparse0:\012streaming\ task\
paused\,\ reason\ not-linked\ \(-1\)";
ERROR: from element /pipeline0/wavparse0: Internal data flow error.
Additional debug info:
gstwavparse.c(1778): gst_wavparse_loop (): /pipeline0/wavparse0:
streaming task paused, reason not-linked (-1)
ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
FREEING pipeline ...

This one is another file which is 8bit pcm audio instead of 16bit I
mentioned before
However, both of them have the same result

thank you

Regards,
Terry