[gst-devel] Does gstreamer support XvMC?

Zhao, Halley halley.zhao at intel.com
Mon Aug 25 08:52:10 CEST 2008

  Great thanks for your information.
  My device doesn't have a powerful CPU.

  When I look into gst-ffmpeg codecs, I found there is XvMC support for Mpeg II, but it is ignored in gstffmpegcodecmap.c.
  If I want to have a try for XvMC in gst, where should I make some changes? Totem? How big will the work load be?

  I assume the following task should be:
  1> detect whether XvMC is enable or not from platform.
  2> change the policy in auto-plug
     If XvMC is enabled from platform
           Use id CODEC_ID_MPEG2VIDEO_XVMC to create a caps from ffmpeg
     Else
           Use id CODEC_ID_MPEG2VIDEO to create a caps from ffmpeg

  Is it correct?