[gst-devel] Selective element pausing

David McGookin mcgookdk at dcs.gla.ac.uk
Tue Aug 26 18:17:27 CEST 2008

Hi,

  I am running a pipeline on gstreamer 0.1 which is coded as follows:

gst-launch filesrc location=track1.wma ! decodebin ! adder name=mix !
dsppcmsink  filesrc location=track2.wma ! decodebin ! mix.  filesrc
location=track3.wma ! decodebin ! mix.

There are many reasons why I wish to run this pipleine that make no sense in
going into.  Whilst this works, what I would like to be able to do, is
selectively pause tracks in the pipeline without affecting the others.  E.g.
Pause track2 whilst keeping the others playing and then restart track 2 at a
later time.  I¹m a little unsure of how, or if, this can be done.

BTW this pipeline is implemented in a c program, the pipeline above is just
for illustration. I am also running this on a Nokia N800 so dsppcmsink is
the final audio sink.

Thanks
david