[gst-devel] Best encoder for streaming video?

Eric Zhang nicolas.m.zhang at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 03:07:57 CEST 2008

Hi, Merrick:

    I think this is not an encoder issue. I noticed the wiki articles you
mentioned and I found it uses RTP as transport protocol. RTP is a realtime
transport protocol so if packets aren't arrived during  a specified
`latency', the packets will be considered as `late' and be dropped. That's
the main reason to make your video choppy and  pixelated.

    RTP stuffs in gstreamer are still in `bad' plugin repository and they
need to be improved, such as lip-synchronization, jitterbuffer and etc.

Eric Zhang